Tuesday, August 13, 2013

BeachBody vs. Working at the Gym

I ordered Les Mill’s Pump and can’t wait for it to arrive. Any day now! I’ve been using BeachBody to help me be better at my job as well as get healthy and in shape so that I can help others.

I work at a gym on a military installation. Although I have an extensive background in recreation, event planning and public relations and have worked at a gym before in Iraq, I was never trained on how to use the gym equipment, nutrition, fitness or any of that. Everything I learned, I learned from research as well as trial and error with myself. While I know a lot about nutrition and fitness, I still do not know how to lift weights properly, different techniques or the like.

My brother, who is an Athletic Training major in college, showed me a few things. He comes to the gym with me whenever he’s home from school, so this summer he’s been with me at the gym almost every day working out. But it wasn’t until yesterday’s conversation with my brother and a coworker that I realized something:

When I work out at the gym,  I never lift weights. I use the machines, get on the treadmill and elliptical, do various exercises with the medicine ball, but I never lift weights. Why? Because I don’t know what I’m doing and it’s embarrassing. And I’m not the only one. My coworker is in the same position. She wants to lift weights, but doesn’t know what she’s doing. I know I have a little extra weight on me that I have been working off --I really am starting to look and feel so much better, thanks to BeachBody’s Les Mills Combat—but I want to train with weights, too. It’s not how I look that keeps me from lifting weights in the gym. You go to the gym to look better, to get fit. My look doesn’t bother me at all. I need to be there. The problem is not knowing what I’m doing, looking foolish and possibly hurting myself or someone else that keeps me from doing it.

I had been thinking about this for quite some time and thought about my friend Lindsey who has, not only had amazing results with using Les Mills’ Pump workout, but she was lifting weights at home with DVD instruction, teaching her how to properly lift. I thought, “I can do it, too!” I can learn at home, workout at home and at work. When someone at the gym asks for my help, I’ll be able to help them. So, I placed my order and I’m so excited! I can’t wait to share my transformation with you all. I feel as if I’m so close, but just not ready to share just yet.

Is there anything stopping you from achieving your weight-loss and fitness goals?

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service