Monday, February 25, 2013

UPDATE: What’s new in my world…

The year 2013 is definitely turning out to be my year. It didn’t seem as if anything would change any time soon, but things are really beginning to look up.

1. My writing has taken me well beyond therapy. My book, Blood of Zee, Unfinished Business, is starting to do better in sales. Slow, but not too bad. I’m very proud of my work so far. The only problem is no one is reviewing it. It’s a short, yet exciting read. Everyone sends me private messages telling me that they really enjoyed it, but no one’s posting reviews on Amazon or Barnes & Noble. I’m really glad people are enjoying it, though, but I would like to have that criticism. Even with a chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card for posting a review, there have been no reviews. Oh well, I suppose. Either way, I’m still proud of me and very grateful that, through a stressful time in my life something wonderful came of it.
I’m making serious progress and having a blast writing and doing research for part two, Blood of Zee: Old Blood, New Life. I posted an excerpt on my writing blog, ‘The Girl at War Writes…’.

2. I have a new job. I’m pretty excited about it.

At first, to be honest, I was pretending to be happy about this particular job because, yet again, I have to start from the bottom and work my way up, making the minimalist of wages with no benefits whatsoever. I tried to tell myself “Hey, it’s something.” But, one thing that pisses me off is this: why in the blue hell should I be grateful for a job where that doesn’t even allow me to support myself in the smallest of ways? I’m still relying on my mother and my husband for financial support. I will never understand the notion of people thinking that I should be grateful for scraps. I honestly believe that’s part of the problem with this nation. We want people to work hard, have good work ethic, but we don’t want to pay them, we don’t want provide them with benefits, but as soon as they apply for any type of government assistance, they’re labeled as lazy, good-for-nothing moochers and succubae of tax dollars (total myth, by the way, but that’s another blog post entirely).

But I am excited about this job, nonetheless, because it gets me out the house, I know this job like the back of my hand, and I really believe that I can move up pretty quickly (sorry, Madam Manager, I really am gunning for your job with a vengeance because I don’t like being on the bottom and I never stay on the bottom for long when I do have to be down there).

3. I’ve lost twenty more pounds. Juicing, running and doing my best to cut out as much high fructose corn syrup. I swear, they put that shit in everything and Americans wonder why they have such a hard time losing weight. Anyway, I’m well on my way to a healthier me.

4. I’m back on track with school. I’m bringing my GPA up. I’m very proud of me.

5. Oh, and be on the lookout for my first vlog post. As if I weren’t busy enough, I’m in the midst of planning out what I want to do with it and how often I will post.

Anything new and exciting in your lives?

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service