Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Checking In

Kiki, what have you been up to? Well, I’ll tell ya if you have a minute Smile

 

New eBook: Blood of Zee: Unfinished Business

Unfinished Business’ is part one of the “Blood of Zee” series. Although I released excerpts on ‘Girl at War Writes…’, I made a few changes in the book. I look forward to giving you more.

blood of zee cover page“Blood of Zee: Unfinished Business” is available on both Kindle and Nook as well as their respective supporting apps for your convenience at only $1.50 on both applications.

“Blood of Zee” is about a troubled, Philadelphia girl who finds that the people around her are not who she believes them to be when her mischievous behavior lands her into serious trouble with extremely dangerous people. Mysteries unfold and secrets come to light as she discovers that her destiny is in her blood. Please check it out and leave feedback. Tell all your friends and family and their friends, and their friends…

Homework, Homework, Homework

In addition to working on my creative writing, I have been working diligently to redeem myself in my courses. My last two quarters at school have been extremely stressful with the separation, job hunting and just feeling lost. So far, I am off to a very good start, taking Social Media and Communication, Sociology of Deviant Behavior, Literature of Philadelphia, and Creative Writing. So far every single class is exciting.

Rediscovering Me

For a long time, even prior to my separation, I felt a bit lost in life. It took a lot of soul-searching to realize this. I had changed my goals to fit my husband’s career, but couldn’t figure out what my new goals were or could be. I knew that I didn’t want to go from job to job wherever his orders would take us. I knew that I wanted a career. But a career in what? I’ve been all over the place trying to figure it out.

mindfulness

Rediscovering my spirituality, quieting my mind, learning to be mindful, really helped me figure out who I was and, more importantly, who I want to be. I had to expel the negative energy surrounding my mind and soul and heart. I honestly think that’s one of the reasons I haven't been hired yet, the negative cloud following me, even with my fake smiles, that negative energy was still there. I love helping people. I love working in recreation and I’m pretty darn good with public relations and event planning. I have so many skills and ideas that are extremely useful, whether volunteering or working.

I’ve been praying fervently for my marriage, for my family, for a job. And I knew I was on the right track. However, once I began learning how to be mindful, meditating, relaxing, something in me changed. I genuinely felt better—feel better. My smiles weren’t fake—my smiles weren’t masking hurt, they were genuine. When I went into my job interview last week, I felt the difference in how the panel responded to me. I felt like…me. And they freakin’ loved me!

After my interview, I received an email for a position that I had applied for months ago, a position that I am absolutely perfect for. I received an email for my dream job notifying me that I had made the referral list. Talk about positive energy!

Enjoying my Family

quilt for me

Words cannot express how awesome my mother is. Growing up, I didn’t quite appreciate her because I didn’t understand the sacrifices she had made for me. Even as an adult, I somewhat misunderstood her. I thought because she never told me she loved me that she was disappointed in me, that she didn’t love me very much. I know now that she speaks a different love language than I. She shows her love by giving her support, by doing things for people. And boy does she do a lot for me. She made me an amazing quilt. I can’t wait until I get my house so I can hang it on the wall for all to see. And pass it down to my children, and their children. Living with my mother again has been an experience. I feel as if I am getting to know her all over again, and she’s the coolest person on the planet.

shoppingFor my birthday, my mother, grandmother and I had an awesome time discovering a new accessories’ store, Charming Charlie’s. Mom treated me to some seriously cute earrings, bracelets and watches and grandma bought me this super cute blue, velvet, French aristocratic-styled handbag. Sometimes the girliest things can make you feel oh so good (I am aware that ‘girliest’ is not a word, but it will be today!).

I really feel as if 2013 will be my year. What about you? What have you been up to? Any interesting projects? Are you releasing positive energy into the universe?

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and keep an eye out for upcoming giveaways and more short story releases.

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service