Monday, December 10, 2012

Challenge: 10 Pounds in 10 Days

The holidays messed me up pretty badly. I didn’t over eat and I was very proud of myself for not doing so. However, the amount of calories in all of that deliciousness was insane.

14955274_s

Like many people, I struggle with my weight. I’ve been struggling with my weight since 2006 when I returned home from Iraq (worked as a contractor). I try to eat healthy but I always slip. I’ve never been an active person, so getting enthused about going to the gym is always short lived. You would think wanting to look good naked would be a huge motivator, but it really isn’t. Laziness has me by the lady-balls. I start working out then I stop. Start then I stop, and the vicious cycle continues.

I want to be more active. I’d like to have a hobby that involved me being active in some capacity. But what? I love video games, but I don’t play video games to work out; I play to kill people and things legally while helping me to relieve stress and talking shit while doing so definitely aids in the stress-relief capacity. So what is this blog post about? Me forcing myself to get off my ass and do something. I’m short and at the risk of sounding conceited, I’m pretty well proportioned—if you take away the fat. Thing is, many or most people don’t see the fat, they just see boobs and booty and I always hear “Girl, you’re not fat.” Well, while I appreciate the sentiment, I have to say it loud: I am fat. Technically, I am obese.

I’m not really into fad diets—never have been. I did try the Liquid Amino diet which worked and I’ve lost over 20lbs since May. I just imagine how much more I could lose if I were active. Granted, I did start walking and jogging again, but I need to keep it up. It’s something I do on and off. I don’t do group workouts and I’ve been more concerned about getting a job than I have been about working out and getting fit.

9859883_s

Now, it’s time for me to create a routine and figure out a way to stick with it. I’m going to try Jackie Warner’s 10 Pounds in 10 Days program. It comprises most of what I’m already doing, except the first phase, the first ten days, involve cutting my caloric intake down to about 950 daily. And I thought 1200 was killer. Most of the time I watch what I eat, but with depression rearing its ugly, unwanted head, I sometimes skip meals and then binge eat. Yes, yes, I know it’s bad. Stop judging me!

So am I going to stick with this particular program this time? I sure as hell hope so. Here is why I’m confident that I will stick to it this time:

1. I’ve already been eating healthy for the most part, watching my portions and cutting down calories.

2. I’ve already begun incorporating jogging into my daily routine in the morning.

3. My friend is looking for a partner to lose weight with and I hate letting people down.

4. I’m setting realistic goals: ever notice how setting a goal like “I want to lose 100lbs” or whatever seems so unattainable? I did best when I set realistic goals “I’m going to lose 5lbs this week or 1 to 2 lbs. per day.”

5. Super cute workout clothes. Yeah, it’s a bit shallow, but I like clothes. Sue me!

6. Because, going through my clothes that I got out of storage, I got into and (not so) comfortably buttoned up a pair of old jeans from when I was smaller. Point is, I got into those bad boys, where as, I couldn’t six months ago. I’m motivated.

 

I will definitely keep you posted on my progress.

What’s your motivation? How do you stay healthy?

Technorati Tags: ,,,

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service