Thursday, November 15, 2012

Writer’s Block + Adult ADD = RANDOM SHENANIGANS!

I’ve been having such a difficult time focusing on one thing. My mind constantly races from one thing to another. I will begin my homework, walk out of the room, turn on the television, start cleaning the bathroom, end up torturing the pups or playing in the yard with the pups, then somehow end up going for a walk, then end up reading a book or magazine on the porch. Mind you, this is just one of the many scenarios.

I feel as if I have so much going on, so much that want, nay, need to accomplish but not enough time in the day, not enough energy, and not enough motivation and focus to get anything completed. Is this how stress works? I know I’ve been extremely stressed with my rollercoaster of a marriage, the ups and downs (BTW, things are really looking up, but I’m afraid to get my hopes up completely. All I can do is keep praying and keep being that support base and friend that my husband needs).

I tell ya, I’m really glad that I read “The Power of Prayer to Change Your Marriage” and “The 5 Love Languages.” Those, along with therapy, meditation and reevaluating my contributions to our situation really helped me, really helped me to let go of the anger and see more clearly.

I’m still searching for a job. I get many compliments on my resume at job fairs, but no one hires me. What am I doing wrong in person? I feel as if I am hitting it off with various human resources personnel at these events, but no phone calls to follow up. I’ve helped quite a few people with their resumes and helped them to land jobs, but I cannot seem to land one myself. My mom said “Maybe helping people find jobs and helping people with their resumes is your calling. You do like helping people.” Maybe she’s right. I did, however, apply for what seems to be my dream job with Morale Welfare and Recreation. I love helping people, especially military personnel, retirees/veterans and other military spouses. So, fingers crossed that I can get this amazing job.

How do you stay focused and motivated to get things done?

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service