Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Favorite Places in the World

Although I really should be focusing on my last two weeks of classes, I cannot help my daydreams, thinking about all of the wonderful places I’ve been over the years. Since I cannot stop thinking about them, I figured I’d get it out of my system and share my top five favorite places in the world.

5. Alghero-Sardinia, Italy

Alghero is a beautiful seaport town on the island of Sardinia in the Mediterranean. Christopher Columbus once lived there. It has such character and life. Although tourism is big, it’s not one of those insanely overly crowded tourist destinations. It’s almost as if it’s some hidden gem that only a few people have discovered. The small, colorful streets, the deep blue, yet clear waters, the amazing food—oh how I miss that place. I miss walking by the sea as the sun set. The town itself doesn’t have many tourist attractions. Personally, I’d go just for the beach and the food.

There is one tourist attraction that the kids may love, Grotta di Nettuno or “Neptune’s Grotto.” The caves are accessible by boat and only when the waters are calm. Also, if you’re a diver I hear there’s fantastic deep-sea diving and there are so many underwater caves to explore.

I’ve already written about the other places on my list, so I’ll just share more pics!

4. Paris, France

Every time I go to Paris I have a new experience.

3. Koh Samui, Thailand

One of the most beautiful places in the world. Have to drink plenty of water though. Tourist dehydration is extremely serious.

2. London, England

1. Dubai, UAE

Although hot and in the desert, Dubai’s landscape has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I’m missing some pictures (hooray for an excuse to go back). I believe these are the pics that I took when I spent my first birthday in Dubai, 2005.

What’s your top five favorite places in the world?

Find Sitter in Your Area!

Get your gear from Militaryclothing.com

MilitaryClothing.com

GSM Nation: No Contract Cell Phones!

Smart Phones Smarter Service